- We are seeking experienced Drill Operators/Locators
- Variety of work and location
- Key role in a growing organisation
Civtec provide directional drilling, underground thrusting, civil and utilities works. Since establishment in 2014 we have continued to diversify and now have capabilities covering a range of services and technologies servicing the residential, commercial and industrial sectors. We have dedicated teams of Designers, Field Technicians and Civil works crews. We use the latest technology and high-quality machinery to provide civil, utilities and underground services. We are actively growing the Civil department, due industry growth and high demand.
This role involves operating Directional Drills / Locating to install, repair and maintain the fibre network in the Waikato and Bay of Plenty. You will need to be qualified and confident in drill operation and/or locating. Being physically fit with an excellent work ethic and be happy to jump on the end of a shovel as required to help the team is a must.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Solid experience in the use of Horizontal Directional Drilling Machines (such as Vermeer or Ditch Witch), as an operator and/or a locator ideally in the Telecommunications Network Build Industry
- Must ensure safety of the public and other utilities underground facilities
- Ability to read location of other utilities on civil work detailed plans
- Ability to complete all paperwork on time and to a clear presentable standard
- Good knowledge on preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of HDD equipment
- Willing to work long hours when required, this may include some Saturdays
- 5+ Years of proven plant operating experience in road maintenance or civil construction
- A current full NZ Driver's License is required
- Be physically fit, reliable and hard working
- Good communication skills and tidy dress standard
- Able to work unsupervised but also operate as a team member
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- A role within a growing organisation that offers opportunities
- Commitment to health, safety and well-being of our employees
- Independent and confidential employee assistance programme
- Discount and purchase benefit packages with our suppliers
- Flu vaccines
- Long Service leave after 5 years
Working for Civtec you are part of a great team of dedicated employees that enjoy a laugh. We are a growing organisation that offers genuine opportunities for development.
Please note, a drug test and MOJ check is required as part of the recruitment process for this role.